Pick Up | Shipping | Delivery
You can opt to pick up your order at our Harlowe or Kingston shops. This option is free and we shall send you an email notification that your order is ready to be picked up once it is ready. Please note that the auto-Shopify email might hit your spam; we'll send ya an email after a few days to remind you if you miss it.
All orders for pick up will come in pre-filled mason jars, dispenser selections that you make, or compostable paper bags in the quantity size you select for each item.
Depending on the day and how busy the shop is, it may take a few hours to prepare your order. Our Harlowe location may not have every item in stock that our Kingston shop/website reflects; we can definitely get it to Harlowe pretty quickly, but this may add a day or few to your order pick up timeline.
- At checkout, choose the "Pickup" option with the correct location selected. This is either Kingston (90 Brock Street) or Harlowe (4285 Henderson Road).
- You will receive an email notification when your order is ready for pick-up at our shop.
- Pick up in Kingston is located at 90 Brock Street. You can simply come into the shop and ask for your order or have outdoor, contactless pickup.
- Pick up in Harlowe is very flexible, as it is part of our home. We can leave it out for you (weather dependant) in a dry area as well.
Contactless Pick Up: If you would prefer outdoor pickup, please state it in the notes section at checkout (or send us an email or direct message) and wave to us when you've arrived. We will serve you immediately (unless we have a customer with us at the time). We will bring your order outdoors, and once we have distanced ourselves, you may pick up your order.
Harlowe Pick-up Note: Please send us a quick email at email@example.com or message to let us know your preferred pick up time. We live here and can be quite flexible with pick-up times/dates; we will do our best to accommodate your preferred time.
Delivery enables us to continue offering a low waste option to our customers that is as convenient as possible for them. Most refills add quite a lot of extra weight and shipping is not realistic. We hope to always continue offering delivery as it makes the refillery lifestyle possible across our region, especially in rural areas.
We cannot make deliveries to interior apartments or residences inside buildings with door entry codes. Please select a location we can leave your parcel somewhere on a doorstep that you can pick up later or choose shipping if this is your situation.
Local Delivery Radius:
If you are unsure if you qualify, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Harlowe area: local delivery in the areas of Cloyne, Northbrook, Flinton, Kaladar and Harlowe around the highway is free along Highway 41 (your fee will be refunded) and happens as we are out and about as we are on our way to childcare or school, etc.
Quinte + Prince Edward County: throughout Prince Edward County, Belleville, Napanee, Trenton/Quinte West, Carrying Place, and north through Frankford, Stirling, Tweed, Madoc, etc.
Kingston area: the city of Kingston and north through Centreville, Sydenham, and east to Napanee.
**PLEASE NOTE: if we are not delivering in your area (due to lower order counts that week in your location), we may ship it to save staffing costs and carbon footprint for longer drives to single locations. If this is the case, we will email you and send your tracking number. Orders ship free under $150. We have the rare occasion that we have no orders in your area (this has only happened a couple of times in a few years of delivery) - we will offer to bring the order on our next trip or offer to ship your items.
Mason Jar + Waste Diversion Pick-Up: We are happy to collect any of your waste diversion efforts and clean mason jars for return upon completing your delivery. Please leave it out in an obvious spot, or clearly marked so that we are sure to collect it; alternatively, you can email or notify us ahead of time that you have a pickup.
Local Delivery Charge: free local delivery has resumed! We are now using an electric vehicle and our emissions are reduced! Please do be cognizant of our staff's time though as we are a small business, and place orders with foresight rather than small amounts every week.
Local Delivery Packaging: You order will come in an open Kraft paper (unbleached and recycled material) gift bag or reused box in order to save the waste of additional packaging materials. Please be cognizant of the amount of time your order may be outdoors in the elements, especially during hotter and colder times of year, especially for liquid refill goods packaged in glass.
Local Delivery "How to":
**Orders placed online for local delivery will have a specific date attached to the delivery option at checkout. Please check that date and ensure that it works for you!
1. Fill your cart: Choose whatever refillery goods + sustainable living products you'd like in the size/packaging options you'd prefer (and reach out to us with any questions)
2. Check the radius: Make sure your address is within our local delivery radius - if it is not, we will reach out with an option to have it refunded, shipped at the qualifying rate or picked up at our store.
3. Choose local delivery at checkout + leave pertinent notes: if you have any specific notes about dropping off your order, please make sure you leave them in the note at checkout or send us an email at the time of your order at email@example.com. We don't want you to lose your package or have it be damaged by weather if you aren't home during the day -- that's not good for either of us! -- but we also can't afford to refund or replace packages if they were lost, stolen, or damaged due to absent or unclear delivery instructions.
4. Order Delivery: You will receive a Delivery Completed notification email once your order has been delivered.
At this time, we only ship to Canadian addresses. With the increases due to the pandemic and annual shipping fee increases, we have had to adjust our shipping rates.
Flat Rate $15 shipping
*except for items noting extra shipping charges (powdered items + refill boxes). These items cannot be shipped to remote locations. These items may have an increased charge (depending on weight) and it shall apply at checkout.
Free Shipping with $150 purchase
Recycled Shipping Materials
At Harlowe Green, almost all of our shipping materials are reused. Our shipping materials are almost always compostable; if you find any plastic bubble wrap/padding in your order, it has come to us in a shipment and we are giving that plastic another life. While we do not have suppliers that ship with plastics, we sometimes have things sent to us from small makers that are doing the same thing we are; reusing plastics and reducing "new" paper packaging waste.
The stickers on our packages come from No Issue and are completely compostable. We are thankful that Printed + Pink created such perfect stamps for our shop - be sure to check both small businesses out!